Pages

Friday 1 April 2016

My Easter Holiday Experience

My Easter Holidays
On Good Friday, I slept in because I had nothing to do on that day. My sister crept into the room and pulled the blanket off my feet. It felt so cold, so I tried to pull it back but instead,  my sister screamed, “Breakfast is ready!”. I moaned and groaned, but I finally opened my eyes. My sister opened the curtains, and the sun shone all over the room. My eyes were sore, and I was still tired. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I felt a little better, but still tired. As I got closer to the kitchen I could smell pancakes, butter and of course maple syrup. My cousin was frying the last few scoops of the pancake mixture. On the table I could see stacked pancakes with maple syrup running down the sides and melted butter on the top. I couldn’t stop looking at it so I just rolled up the top pancake and took a bite. It was very delicious. My mouth was full I took one more small bite. My cousin told me off for eating when standing up. I ate another pancake and went to the lounge. I turned on the T.V watching the news that wasn’t very entertaining. Suddenly, I got very bored and decided to read a book. The book I was reading was ‘Why is this night different from all the other nights?’. It was written by one of my favourite authors, Lemony Snicket. As I read the last few pages of my book I had fallen asleep with the book in my hands. My mum woke me up and told me to jump in the car. We locked all the doors and windows and drove off to my Aunt’s house. When we arrived could already smell the barbecue and I could hear children laughing. I knew that it was my little cousins. We all played games and played with their pet dog. Then my Uncle and another cousin of mine surprised our whole family and also frightened them. We all welcomed him, my Aunty and my cousin to the barbecue. We ate and ate and had dessert later. The adults talked inside the lounge. The kids were in the garage playing games with others. The adults turned on some music and we all had a fun time. I had a awesome time with my family. I’d love to do another family barbecue again.

No comments:

Post a Comment