Pages

Thursday 29 December 2016

Holiday Reading Challenge - Setting

While doing the holiday reading challenge I chose this book called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. The cover caught my attention, but the blurb at the back made me want to read it even more. My first task for the Holiday Reading Challenge was the setting. The first setting is at 4 Privet Drive where the Dursleys' live. Then we had to write the title, Author, What type of book it was and a line from the book describing the setting. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angari,

    It's great to see that you worked on both the Summer Learning Journey programme and the Holiday Reading Challenge. Way to go!

    My son, Aronui, and I are actually reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone right now. We read 6 pages a night (because he's 6 years old)! It is the first Harry Potter book that I have ever read and I'm really enjoying it. Right now we are on Chapter #3 and Harry is receiving hundreds of letters that his uncle won't let him open. It's pretty funny!

    I hope that you enjoyed reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I'll look forward to seeing you when I come into Panmure Bridge School to hand out certificates and prizes for the Summer Learning Journey programme early in Term 1!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete